Friday, June 7, 2013

Five for Friday- June 7th

After a couple weeks of a constant grumpy mood I finally feel back to myself. I spent the last week hanging out at Girl Scout Day Camp, and it has done wonders for helping me find my smile. With that said, I am happily joining in for this week's Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching!

 
 

 
 Last Friday night I missed Five for Friday because we were packed up in the car trying to get a few miles South out of the path of a really bad storm. As traumatizing as it was for the adults, my German Shepard, Missy, loved the several hour car ride!





 
Many of the trees in my neighborhood didn't survive the storms real well. The first picture is of the pile right outside my house of cut down trees. There are so many piles just like this all over town. The other pictures are of my shed out back. We're not sure what happened, but we think it may have been a trampoline that hit the shed.

 

 


Despite all the sad piles of trees, I am enjoying my roses (the few that weren't destroyed by the storm.) I can't wait for a few weeks for the roses to grow back!


This week I got to spend my days at Girl Scout Day Camp! I had a blast with my unit "Zany Zebras!" We learned and explored animal habitats and did tons of zebra crafts. Even though it rained a few of the days, I couldn't have asked for a better week.

 




The BEST part of my week was getting to spend time with two of my nieces while we are at day camp. Here they are learning how to spin plates and dressing up as clowns during a relay race. I love those silly, sweet, and awesome girls!

Hope your week was as fabulous as mine!

 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you and your family managed to get out of the way of the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I think you all in Oklahoma could use a break from bad weather. :-( Glad you are safe and have some beautiful flowers to brighten your day. (I am trying to grow roses for the first time ever this year.)

    Glad to have found another 5th grade blogger!!

    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you stayed safe!!

    I taught 5th grade US history and english last year(6th history, too). Found out I love history!!!

    Will be teaching 6th grade all subjects next year!

    I'm your newest follower. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete