Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back to School Crafting

With school starting in a few days, I wanted to take a few moments to post some of the projects I have been working on. I haven't finished all I wanted to, but here are the ones that are ready.

 

No Name Board


I was super inspired by the No Name boards I saw on Pinterest and decided to make one of my own. It turned out really cute. I did learn that I need to try not to be such a perfectionist.  I used a cardboard header board from a craft store and cut the board to a size that would fit in the correct spot in my classroom. I covered the edges in cute ribbon. I painted the letters, clothespins, and decorative stars. Then all I had to do was hot glue everything on. Overall it was super easy with the painting taking the most amount of time.

 

 

 





Weekly Organizer


I loved the idea to have an organizer for each day that I could put my copies in as well as any supplies I would need to teach the lesson. However, after looking at the prices I decided I could make my own. I looked everywhere for cute baskets that would be the right size. Of course they had to be in my classroom colors. After searching and not finding what I wanted, I decided to buy boxes instead. The boxes I used were 12x4x4. I painted and decorated them with cute paper to match my classroom. Then I added tags for each day of the week.






 

Who's Out Boards



I made these using picture frames, cute paper, and stickers. The students will sign out using a dry erase marker when they leave helping me better keep track of everyone.  I will hang the hall passes below the frames.

 

Desk Organizer 


 One of my major goals this year is to get more organized. I bought a simple desk organizer, added ribbon, and labeled the files with the items that land on my desk everyday. There is plenty of space left for me to put my lesson plan book and grade book.

No comments:

Post a Comment