Friday, May 3, 2013

Five For Friday- May 3rd

 
Time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! I had a LONG, but fun week.

1. Counting Down to the end of school

I saw this idea somewhere to count down to the last day of school. Pinterest perhaps? Anyhow, each balloon has a number on it and a slip with a special treat inside it for my homeroom. Each morning we pop the balloon and get to do whatever is on the slip. Since my students switch classes each day I did make the rule that they only got to do the special activity or get the treat if they got good reports from the other teachers. I know that probably makes me look mean, but I REALLY need them to keep their behavior in check for the next few weeks.
 



 

2. Tiger Safari

This week the Tiger Safari came to our school. They brought several animals for the students to pet and learn about. The kids got so excited to see all the animals! Sometimes I forget that even my big kids get excited about little things.
 

3. We got an award

I'm sure it seems silly, but I got so excited the day the custodian walked into my room and said it was so clean she didn't need to vacuum. I was already happy, but when I came in the next day to this certificate it put me over the moon. It's the little things that get me through the crazy times at the end of the year.


 

 4. The Great Pencil Challenge

I saw this last week on Ladybug's Teacher Files and got beyond excited. My co-teachers loved the idea, so they started it the same day as well. I started this challenge on Monday, and guess what? Most of them still have the same pencil! This is almost a miracle as they were losing a pencil a day and even some losing a pencil per class. Woo hoo!


5. Getting ready to party

Our schools 65th birthday party is next week. Today one of my co-teachers was gone, and we had to spilt her class. So we decided to start working on some decorations for the party. They turned out super cute. My favorite is the one that says "I like Central Elementary because Ms. Bateman is Awesome."
 


 

I'm so excited to have some new followers! It makes me so happy to see that other people are reading what I say. I'm also learning so much and getting tons of ideas from everyone. Hope your week was awesome! 


4 comments:

  1. Love the balloon idea! What a fun way to keep track of the end of the school year and manage the spring fever. I'm a new follower- found you through 5 for Friday!

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I could remember where I saw it to begin with. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great week. I love the balloon idea and I should definitely try out the pencil challenge.
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you at Fifth in the Middle Blogs by State. I have one question....Boomer?!!

    Obviously, I am in Norman. Following you now!
    Brandi
    myteacherfriend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete