Friday, April 26, 2013

Genre Tweets

I saw an idea on Pinterest for a classroom Twitter board. I loved the idea of incorporating "Twitter" into my classroom. I decided to give my Twitter board a theme: Genre. One of our school's lowest reading areas is Genre, so I thought it would be perfect. The students are required to submit at least one Genre Tweet a nine weeks. I also allowed them to submit more for extra credit. They loved being able to make up their own names to tweet under. They tweet had to include the name of the book, genre, and why. All correct tweets with all three items included were posted.

 
 

Our Genre Tweets board is in our hallway so the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade classes get to see it. By having it in the hall more kids are getting to see it and hopefully learn something. I love anything that gets them excited and talking about books.

Lesson Learned:
Next year I think I'll make it open to all grades to tweet on it. I will also try to update it more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment