Sunday, April 28, 2013

Let's Get Aquainted Linky Party: My Classroom


I've decided Linky Parties are my new favorite thing. Let's Get Acquainted Linky Party from Flying into First Grade sounds like the perfect way to make some new blogger friends and have a blast blogging! This week 's topic is to show three things I love in my classroom.

1. My Reading Covered Wagon


 


My students love to get to go into the covered wagon and read. This picture, from before school started, is missing the ten different pillows that normally lay on the floor and the red, white, and blue garland that normally wrap the poles holding up the top. Hopefully you get the idea. Once again, anything that gets them excited to read is a winning idea in my book.

2. The Mayflower



I wish I could have found a better picture of this one, but this is my Mayflower. The green sign is covering the word "Mayflower" because this was taking during state testing, and they somehow think that seeing the word Mayflower might help my students cheat. Sigh. Anyhow, what teacher likes just plain off-white empty wall space? I love it because the kids love to see it, and it is a super easy decoration I have had up for probably five years. I simply change the water out when it starts to fade. Best of all it hides the hideous wires that run along that wall.

3. No name board


 I probably have TONS of other things I could put as my number three, but this is used every day in my room and saves me tons of trouble tracking down the owner of papers. I normally make a big deal of walking over and putting papers on this board. I have used it so much some of  the clothespins have had to be hot glued back on from falling down. Surprisingly, I still have a few papers each week which are unclaimed. However, it keeps me from holding on to these papers and gives the students a place to look without ever having to say a word to me about a missing assignment.

Hope you enjoyed learning a little about my favorite things in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment