Friday, April 26, 2013

State Testing...yuck

We finished our state testing last week. All I can say is don't get me started. I'm sure you don't want to hear my endless rants about how a standardized test can in NO way measure how much my students learned or how well I did my job. I also really shouldn't mention how asking ten and eleven year olds to test for six different days over two weeks is WRONG! Once again, I'm sure you don't want to hear how our testing company messed up the directions on field tested items which left most kids confused as to what to do. With that said and SO much more I won't say for fear of going off the deep end, I did want to post a few pics. I see all the time the pics of teacher's classrooms when they are super cute at the start of the year. I thought it was time I showed the world what a real teacher's classroom looks like during testing.





And yes the paper covering everything DROVE ME NUTS! The only good part was that the kids loved getting to tear all the paper down, wad it up, and play basketball into the trashcans.

No comments:

Post a Comment